regRedir - Vim plugin to redirect command output into a register

  • Guido Van Hoecke
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2002
      I have uploaded a small plugin to capture command output into a
      register at http://vim.sourceforge.net/script.php?script_id=401

      register and one or more {bar} separated commands. This command will
      execute these commands and collect their output into the specified
      register.

      The resulting register could than be inserted anywhere with a :put

      The register must always be specified, and is the first character of
      the command argument. The remainder of the argument is the command
      to be captured. This command may be separated from the register with
      a space. Several commands can be specified, but have to be separated
      with a bar:

      :Redir {reg} {cmd} [ | {cmd} [ | {cmd} ... ] ]

      Examples:
      1) Simple case of one command (e.g. :version) to be captured into
      register v
      :Redir vversion
      or
      :Redir v version
      2) Example of two commands (ls and set) to be collected into
      register p
      :Redir p ls | set
      or
      :Redir pls|set
      3) Example of a command (g/exe) to be appended to register x
      :Redir Xg/exe
      or
      :Redir X g/exe

      Installation: Just unzip and copy this file into your ~/vim/plugin
      or corresponding directory

      I hope that some of you may enjoy this.

      Guido.