What font am I using?

  • The Vim Man
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16 7:20 AM
      I came across something strange. I was downloading some of the
      colorschemes found at vim.sourceforge.net. I would then test out each
      of these colorschemes by sourcing the file that I had downloaded. One
      of the the colorschemes (potts), changed the font. I don't know how
      sourcing a colorscheme could change the font, but it did. Anyway, I
      then wanted to find out what the font was, since I liked it. How can I
      do this? I tried :set guifont and it gave me the following font:
      -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal-*-*-90-*-*-m-*-iso8859-9. However, this
      is not the font that it was. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

      --
      http://fastmail.fm/ - A fast, anti-spam email service.
    • Naveen Chandra
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 16 7:51 AM
        > I came across something strange. I was downloading some of the
        > colorschemes found at vim.sourceforge.net. I would then test out each
        > of these colorschemes by sourcing the file that I had downloaded. One
        > of the the colorschemes (potts), changed the font. I don't know how
        > sourcing a colorscheme could change the font, but it did. Anyway, I
        > then wanted to find out what the font was, since I liked it. How can I
        > do this? I tried :set guifont and it gave me the following font:
        > -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal-*-*-90-*-*-m-*-iso8859-9. However, this
        > is not the font that it was. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

        On investigation I found that line 40 contains

        [...]
        highlight Normal guifg=gray guibg=black font='6x13'
        [...]

        here the font is actually changed to default '6x13'
        for more info regarding this font type following in your shell.
        $ xlsfonts -l 6x13

        -ncr