Re: [vimdev] Patch 6.1.142

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 11:26 AM
      Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

      > > > I encountered the same behaviour but only if this line is the last line of
      > > > the file. In every other situation it works fine.
      > > >
      > > > Temporary solution: add blank line to the end of file.
      > >
      > > The patch I sent should have fixed this.
      >
      > 6.1.143 or there is a new version of 6.1.142?
      > sorry, I am not a subscriber of dev-list.

      I only sent it to the vim-dev list. I'm preparing a patch, but found
      another problem that I also want to fix and include in the patch.

      > OK. Another example (maybe not the same but also bugs):
      > 5th line is not here last line in file
      >
      > aaaa bbbbb ccc dd ee
      > fff ggg 0000 3333
      > hhhhh iii 111 2222
      > jjjj kkkk llll mmmmm
      > nnnn oooo pppp rrrrr
      >
      > If I enter Replace mode (with R) in somewhere in first two lines.
      > Examples are worth hundreds of words:

      I see the problem. A line that is exactly 'textwidth' long sometimes
      gets broken anyway. This patch should fix it:

      *** ops.c~ Sun Jul 28 21:46:09 2002
      --- ops.c Thu Aug 1 20:17:00 2002
      ***************
      *** 4200,4205 ****
      --- 4200,4206 ----
      (void)set_indent(get_indent(), SIN_CHANGED);

      /* put cursor on last non-space */
      + State = NORMAL; /* don't go past end-of-line */
      coladvance((colnr_T)MAXCOL);
      while (curwin->w_cursor.col && vim_isspace(gchar_cursor()))
      dec_cursor();

      --
      Where do you want to crash today?

    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 12:45 PM
        On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > > 6.1.143 or there is a new version of 6.1.142?
        > > sorry, I am not a subscriber of dev-list.
        >
        > I only sent it to the vim-dev list. I'm preparing a patch, but found
        > another problem that I also want to fix and include in the patch.

        Sorry for silly question :( I found it on groups.yahoo. Works fine :)

        > > OK. Another example (maybe not the same but also bugs):
        > > 5th line is not here last line in file
        > >
        > > aaaa bbbbb ccc dd ee
        > > fff ggg 0000 3333
        > > hhhhh iii 111 2222
        > > jjjj kkkk llll mmmmm
        > > nnnn oooo pppp rrrrr
        > >
        > > If I enter Replace mode (with R) in somewhere in first two lines.
        > > Examples are worth hundreds of words:
        >
        > I see the problem. A line that is exactly 'textwidth' long sometimes
        > gets broken anyway. This patch should fix it:

        It seems that patch fixed all listed problems. Thanks :)

        Mikolaj