RE: [vim] unmapping?

  • Nagle, Adrian
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
      RE: [vim] unmapping?

      > On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 07:47:06AM -0400, Douglas L . Potts wrote:

      > > (And Dr. Chip will probably be weighing in, about this time :))
      >  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      >
      > Hello!
      >
      > The maps in <AlignMaps.vim> all use <Leader> (:he mapleader) *except*
      > for \WS and \WE (which use hardcoded backslashes).  I'm therefore not
      > sure that Adrian's problem with WS and WE is due to mapleader; perhaps
      > the backslash itself has a map???  Try  :map \  to see.

      That's what I'm confused about.  I don't think it has anything to do with any
      of my plugins (including AlignMaps.vim) as I've had those for a while.
      Something did however change with the backslash ('\').  I noticed (I was
      messing with menus at the time) that all of a sudden maps with a search
      pattern would "filter" out the backslash.  So a search of "/\(text\) test /\1
      other" would show up as "/(text) test/1 other".  The backslashes disappeared.
      If I escape them with another \, the search map would work.

      I feel this is the same time when I noticed something had to be mapped to 'W'
      since it would stutter when doing wordwise movements.  I figured out that 'WE'
      was a map, so I tried to delete it.  Now I'm stuck with another problem of
      trying to delete what appears to be a map of 'WE' but is defined as '\WE' in a
      plugin.

      Is there some sort of option or something that would all of a sudden require
      backslashes to be escaped?

      In AlignMaps.vim, I changed '\WE' map to '\\WE' and check with :map.  The map
      turns out to be '\WE'.  But I still can't delete it.  I don't think I can
      unmap anything that has a backslash.  I can delete other maps that do not have
      a backslash.

      I appreciate the help.

      Adrian