indenting - cinoptions, smartindent, indentexpr ???

  • Bruce Mellows
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      I need to get ViM to follow the indenting style guide where I work.

      Mostly it is quite easy, congratulations Bram.

      [large pause - like thats all I have to say]

      But seriously, something that I cannot get right (and I don't like the
      style required) is the constructor initialiser style...

      [required style]
      SomeClass::SomeClass(const SomeClass& that) :
      <tab>someMember(that.someMember)
      {
      }

      (Now don't get me started on the rant about people believing that
      programming language style should follow written language style)

      the problem is that even with cinoptions=:0, the ':' on the end of the
      constructor definition wants to indent like thus

      [ highlight the lines and '=' indent them ]
      <tab>SomeClass::SomeClass(const SomeClass& that) :
      someMember(that.someMember)
      {
      }

      I currently have cinoptions=:0,(0,g0 (as you can see the other changes I
      have needed so far have been minimal)

      Any help ???