Re: order of opened files

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2002
      Colin Keith wrote:

      > On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 04:36:50PM +0200, Wouter Brok wrote:
      > > When editing source code I often do something like `vi somecode.*' in-
      >
      > The expansion is not done by vim, but by your shell so you really need to
      > interogate your shell documentation/vendor.
      >
      > The only way I know of forcing the order is to use {} I.e.
      >
      > vim a.{h,c}

      Of course, if you really want to do it in vim, you can. Modifying Tomas
      Zellerin's idea, I came up with

      % vim +"set suffixes-=.h suffixes+=.c" +"args somecode.*"

      The original poster should get what he wants using ".cpp" instead of ".c". If
      'suffixes' is set in the vimrc file, you only need the +"args ..." part.

      HTH --Benji Fisher