Re: Using UNC filenames

  • Jing Xue
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
      (Now this really doesn't relate to VIM...)

      I believe it's a general Win32 issue. The problem with referring to a file directly using its UNC name is that you have to have already established a connection with the target server, i.e., you have to have already logged in for at least once.

      You need to either mount the network drive, or do the following once:

      net use \\servername\share /user:your-account

      -J.X.