Re: [BUG] set =... doesn't work?

  • Preben Peppe Guldberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
      Thus wrote Antoine J. Mechelynck (antoine.mechelynck@...) on [020702]:
      > Isn't this in the same category with ":set t_xx=value" (define what code the
      > keyboard sends when you press t_xx)?

      Seems like a good guess. Is it true (anyone?)?

      > > On Tuesday, July 2, 2002, at 04:20 AM, Andre Pang wrote:

      > > > Sorry, I meant 'set <Ins>="*y' works, as does 'set <S-Ins>="*y',
      > > > but 'set <C-Ins>="*y' does not.

      If this does anything worth while, it clears whatever this <Ins> option
      is as the '"*y' is a comment in this context.

      Andre, are you looking for eg.

      :nnoremap <Ins> "*y

      Peppe
      --
      "Before you criticize someone, walk
      Preben "Peppe" Guldberg __/-\__ a mile in his shoes. That way, if
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2002
        On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 08:22:25 -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:

        > >Sorry, I meant 'set <Ins>="*y' works, as does 'set <S-Ins>="*y',
        > >but 'set <C-Ins>="*y' does not.
        >
        > My question remains: what, if anything, does this do? AFAIK,
        > there is no <Ins> option in vim.

        It's in

        :help terminal-options

        Actually, I just realised my example was wrong (although the
        question I'm asking isn't) :(.

        What I'm trying to do is tell Vim "when you receive these
        sequence of keys, treat it as if I pressed <C-Ins>". What I'd
        really like to do is this:

        :set <C-Ins>=^[[2^

        .. since Eterm sends "<ESC>[2^" when I press <C-Ins>. (The ^[
        above is a real escape character). However, that doesn't work.

        Oddly enough, these statements _do_ work:

        :set <Ins>=^[[2^
        :set <S-Ins>=^[[2^

        Which implies that <C-Ins> isn't a known key combination to Vim.
        But this works fine:

        vnoremap <C-Ins> "*y

        so it looks like <C-Ins> doesn't work only in the context of the
        :set command.

        --
        #ozone/algorithm <ozone@...> - trust.in.love.to.save