Re: [BUG] set =... doesn't work?

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
      Isn't this in the same category with ":set t_xx=value" (define what code the
      keyboard sends when you press t_xx)?

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
        Thus wrote Antoine J. Mechelynck (antoine.mechelynck@...) on [020702]:
        > Isn't this in the same category with ":set t_xx=value" (define what code the
        > keyboard sends when you press t_xx)?

        Seems like a good guess. Is it true (anyone?)?

        > > On Tuesday, July 2, 2002, at 04:20 AM, Andre Pang wrote:

        > > > Sorry, I meant 'set <Ins>="*y' works, as does 'set <S-Ins>="*y',
        > > > but 'set <C-Ins>="*y' does not.

        If this does anything worth while, it clears whatever this <Ins> option
        is as the '"*y' is a comment in this context.

        Andre, are you looking for eg.

        :nnoremap <Ins> "*y

        Peppe
        --
        "Before you criticize someone, walk
        Preben "Peppe" Guldberg __/-\__ a mile in his shoes. That way, if
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2002
          On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 08:22:25 -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:

          > >Sorry, I meant 'set <Ins>="*y' works, as does 'set <S-Ins>="*y',
          > >but 'set <C-Ins>="*y' does not.
          >
          > My question remains: what, if anything, does this do? AFAIK,
          > there is no <Ins> option in vim.

          It's in

          :help terminal-options

          Actually, I just realised my example was wrong (although the
          question I'm asking isn't) :(.

          What I'm trying to do is tell Vim "when you receive these
          sequence of keys, treat it as if I pressed <C-Ins>". What I'd
          really like to do is this:

          :set <C-Ins>=^[[2^

          .. since Eterm sends "<ESC>[2^" when I press <C-Ins>. (The ^[
          above is a real escape character). However, that doesn't work.

          Oddly enough, these statements _do_ work:

          :set <Ins>=^[[2^
          :set <S-Ins>=^[[2^

          Which implies that <C-Ins> isn't a known key combination to Vim.
          But this works fine:

          vnoremap <C-Ins> "*y

          so it looks like <C-Ins> doesn't work only in the context of the
          :set command.

          --
          #ozone/algorithm <ozone@...> - trust.in.love.to.save