Vim/Cygwin/Windows 2000

  • Scott LaBounty
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
      Since I've moved to Windows 2000 when I do a :cd /xyz (i.e. I change to
      a new directory) the directory shown by bash through a :!ls is not the
      same as the vim directory. In other words the vim directory and the bash
      directory are out of sync with each other. With both Windows 98 and
      Windows NT, I don't recall having to do anything special to get this to
      work. Any ideas?

      Scott LaBounty
      Nexa Technologies
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
        On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 11:44 AM, Scott LaBounty wrote:

        > Since I've moved to Windows 2000 when I do a :cd /xyz (i.e. I change to
        > a new directory) the directory shown by bash through a :!ls is not the
        > same as the vim directory. In other words the vim directory and the bash
        > directory are out of sync with each other. With both Windows 98 and
        > Windows NT, I don't recall having to do anything special to get this to
        > work. Any ideas?

        Here is a stab in the dark. Maybe the W2K shell has something like
        a .cshrc file that makes every new (interactive?) shell start up in the
        home directory? Look it up in the MS documentation. ;)

        HTH --Benji Fisher