Search the word under cursor

  • Armenio Pinto
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hi there,

      I would like to insert the current word in the search text, so, I tried
      the following: <ESC>/<C-O>

      But it didn't work... It inserts "<C-O>" as the search text! Can anyone help
      me? Thanks in advance,

      Arménio Pinto
    • T o F
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
        Isn't this the star (*) key ? or hash (#) for reverse ?

        Tof

        On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 16:28, Armenio Pinto wrote:
        > Hi there,
        >
        > I would like to insert the current word in the search text, so, I tried
        > the following: <ESC>/<C-O>
        >
        > But it didn't work... It inserts "<C-O>" as the search text! Can anyone help
        > me? Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Arménio Pinto

      • Madoka Machitani
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
          * Armenio Pinto <armenio-p-pinto@...> [020701 23:31]:
          > I would like to insert the current word in the search text, so,
          > I tried the following: <ESC>/<C-O>
          >
          > But it didn't work... It inserts "<C-O>" as the search text!

          Type <C-R><C-W> after the slash. It inserts the current word under the
          cursor into the command-line. See :h cmdline-completion for details.

          Of course * and # suffice, if you're searching for a mere single word.

          HTH,
          Madoka