Re: Columns delimiter

  • David A de Gruyl
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      * wrote <1025531131.7053.16.camel@hyperion>:
      > Hi !
      > There is something I'm looking for in vim, which is quite useful for
      > syntax IMHO: a line which would delimit the 80th column (or another one
      > if anybody need).

      I use:
      match eightyColumn /\%>80v.*/
      or:
      syn match eightyColumn /\%>80v.*/

      the .* highlights everything greater than 80th virtual column. you may
      only want to highlight the 80th column itself so:

      match eightyColumn /\%>80v/

      (this is actually almost verbatim from help match)

      David

      --
      David de Gruyl <david@...>
    • T o F
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        well, thanx, I didn't see this...
        But if it remove the tabs problem, it's not exactly what I'm looking
        for... since I want to hilight places where there is no text.

        On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 15:55, David A de Gruyl wrote:

        > * wrote <1025531131.7053.16.camel@hyperion>:
        > > Hi !
        > > There is something I'm looking for in vim, which is quite useful for
        > > syntax IMHO: a line which would delimit the 80th column (or another one
        > > if anybody need).
        >
        > I use:
        > match eightyColumn /\%>80v.*/
        > or:
        > syn match eightyColumn /\%>80v.*/
        >
        > the .* highlights everything greater than 80th virtual column. you may
        > only want to highlight the 80th column itself so:
        >
        > match eightyColumn /\%>80v/
        >
        > (this is actually almost verbatim from help match)
        >
        > David
        >
        > --
        > David de Gruyl <david@...>

      • Benji Fisher