vimtutor portuguese translation

  • Luis Alberto Garcia Cipriano
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2002

      Is there any page where I can see the translations available for vimtutor ?
      Here in my Debian Woody 3.0, I can find some translations but I couldn't
      find any central reference about vimtutor translations.

      I'm interested in doing the portuguese translation (pt).

      Only if there isn't one yet, of course :-)

      []s,

      Luis Alberto.

      --
      Luis Alberto Garcia Cipriano - lagc@... - ICQ#30169722
      Músico, Programador, Tradutor e Jornalista voluntário

      CIPSGA - Software Livre no Brasil -> http://www.cipsga.org.br
      Debian GNU/Linux - 100% Livre -> http://www.debian.org
      Projeto Debian-BR -> http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br
    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
        On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Luis Alberto Garcia Cipriano wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Is there any page where I can see the translations available for vimtutor ?
        > Here in my Debian Woody 3.0, I can find some translations but I couldn't
        > find any central reference about vimtutor translations.

        All official (accepted by Bram) vimtutor translations are available in
        official vim distribution either in main package or in extra language
        package.

        Main reference are other translations. And main problem is large number of
        mnemonics in vim. I solved it with:

        1. Using not often common words for some actions
        2. Leaving original word for action with polish translation in parentheses

        > I'm interested in doing the portuguese translation (pt).
        >
        > Only if there isn't one yet, of course :-)

        I don't see tutor.pt. Good luck :)

        Mikolaj
        Polish translator.