Re: Cannot set my shell ?!?

  • Soren Andersen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2002
      On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, at 2:55 PM ,
      "Dan Sharp" <dwsharp@...> wrote:
      > Are you sure the cygwin paths are set correctly because of what is in
      > your vimrc? If you are starting from a command line in cygwin, as you
      > say, then the cygwin paths should already be in your $PATH. I have a
      > feeling that your if !($SHELL=="") check is failing, so the 'else' is
      > being executed and you are seeing the cygwin paths being "correctly"
      > set because they were already there anyway.

      Indeed, you are quite right. I thought I was sure because of some
      case-of-pathnames oddities in my Cygwin paths, that looked right ...
      hard to explain. Anyway, in fact, the Cygwin shell, which I had thought
      was passing the environment it had inherited instead of the current
      (which would be a Cygwin bug), is instead doing what's expected and
      correct. As for the 'if' statement, yes it is failing. I did not
      possess sufficient knowledge of the new programming language that is
      VIM (grrr), so I made a guess -- one has to start somewhere. Turned out
      of course that my guess was wrong. The right way is now working:

      if strlen($SHELL)
      blah blah blah
      else
      foo foo foo