How to get umlauts in menu and dialogs.

  • Braunbeck, Franz Joachim, DPCOM, Bonn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2002
      How to get umlauts in menu and dialogs.

      Hi,

      I tried to to get the german umlauts in the unix version of gvim. I tried to do that using the same font I uset for guifont. I started gvim -menufont <my-guifont-setting>. But this didn't help. Any idea.

      Thanks

          Franz

    • Antoine J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2002
        Do you mean that you cannot display them or that you cannot type them? Or
        that you can type them and display them in the text but that they don't
        appear in the menus? What are your settings for 'encoding', 'fileencoding',
        'termencoding'? For 'guifont'?