Re:Color Active Line

  • R. Shankar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2002
      I did as Steve said.
      :au! CursorHold * let @/ = '\%' . line('.') . 'l.*'
      :set ut=100

      As soon as set this commenad , I do not get the ActiveLine highlighted.
      Any simple cursor movement also doesnot make the ActiveLine highlighted.

      Once I press the * , Active line got highlighted, but when press *, I wanted
      to search something. When I press n to do the next search , vim displays a message-
      E385: search hit BOTTOM without match for: \%28l.*

      I am not able to understand why ColorActiveLine clashes with Search Highlight.

      Regards
      shankar

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • vipin aravind
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2002
        That's agreeable.
        Register / holds the search pattern.

        :h \%
        But the search pattern will get active when
        you do * or /<enter>

        Its quite true that n fails because there
        Won't be 2 lines with same line numbers in a
        File.

        vipin

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
          HI, if this is the case, then I cannot , have a ColorActiveLine and search .
          OK.

          Then mostly while coding, one has has to toggle between ColorActiveLine mode
          and seach mode.

          Is there any way to switch ColorActiveLine mode off and make it on after some time, after I
          finish searching.

          By the way - I could not get the help for /%.
          How to get that.
          Regards
          shankar

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002

            **************

            > Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro
            Limited is 'privileged'
            > and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or
            entity to which it is
            > addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of
            the information
            > contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly
            prohibited.

            http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
          • Jürgen Krämer
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002

              "R. Shankar" wrote:

              > HI, if this is the case, then I cannot , have a ColorActiveLine and
              > search .

              you might try

              :highlight CurrentLine guibg=darkgrey guifg=white
              :au! CursorHold * exe 'match CurrentLine /\%' . line('.') . 'l.*/'
              :set ut=100

              Because it uses 'match' to highlight a string, it does not interfere
              with the current search pattern.

              Regards,
              Jürgen

              --
              Jürgen Krämer Softwareentwicklung/-support
              Habel GmbH mailto:software@...
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
                On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, [iso-8859-1] Jürgen Krämer wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > "R. Shankar" wrote:
                > >
                > > HI, if this is the case, then I cannot , have a ColorActiveLine and
                > > search .
                >
                > you might try
                >
                > :highlight CurrentLine guibg=darkgrey guifg=white
                > :au! CursorHold * exe 'match CurrentLine /\%' . line('.') . 'l.*/'
                > :set ut=100
                >
                > Because it uses 'match' to highlight a string, it does not interfere
                > with the current search pattern.

                How would one go about turning the highlighting off if I didn't want it
                for some reason?

                Cheers,
                Bernard
              • Jürgen Krämer
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002

                  Bernard wrote:

                  > On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, [iso-8859-1] Jürgen Krämer wrote:
                  >
                  > > :highlight CurrentLine guibg=darkgrey guifg=white
                  > > :au! CursorHold * exe 'match CurrentLine /\%' . line('.') . 'l.*/'
                  > > :set ut=100
                  >
                  > How would one go about turning the highlighting off if I didn't want
                  > it for some reason?

                  :au! CursorHold
                  :match none

                  (The order of these command is important. If :match none were executed
                  first, the autocommand would almost immediately execute another match
                  command.)

                  Regards,
                  Jürgen