Re: the "+" indicating state last saved

  • Colin Keith
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
      On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 11:30:00PM +0200, Tobias Reif wrote:
      > On Linux my GVim doesn't have that. How to find out if the current state
      > is the same as the last saved one?

      Not sure about the title bar, but ctrl-G will display

      [Modified]

      in the status line if the file has been modified since the last saved state.
      If it hasn't been modified, that isn't displayed. I think you want to look at

      :help +title
      :help title
      :help titlestring

      If :version doesn't show +title then it can't set it.
    • Antoine J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
        with :set laststatus=2 all windows will have a status line at bottom,
        including [+] if the file has been modified, or [-] for a modified read-only
        file.