the "+" indicating state last saved

  • Tobias Reif
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002

      with GVim on Windows I get a + on the window's title bar (between the
      filename and the parens around the path) as soon as there are unsaved
      changes. So when going back many steps with u, the returning with
      ctrl-r, I can see when I reached the state I last saved, which is when
      the + disappers.

      On Linux my GVim doesn't have that. How to find out if the current state
      is the same as the last saved one?

      Tobi

      --
      http://www.pinkjuice.com/
    • Colin Keith
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
        On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 11:30:00PM +0200, Tobias Reif wrote:
        > On Linux my GVim doesn't have that. How to find out if the current state
        > is the same as the last saved one?

        Not sure about the title bar, but ctrl-G will display

        [Modified]

        in the status line if the file has been modified since the last saved state.
        If it hasn't been modified, that isn't displayed. I think you want to look at

        :help +title
        :help title
        :help titlestring

        If :version doesn't show +title then it can't set it.
      • Antoine J. Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
          with :set laststatus=2 all windows will have a status line at bottom,
          including [+] if the file has been modified, or [-] for a modified read-only
          file.