Re: scp:// over multiple hops

  • Andrew Francis
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
      "Colin Keith" <vim@...> wrote:
      > Which isn't anything to do with vim, but because <x>: is taken by
      openssh's
      > scp to mean connect to hostname <x>. (If you need to get around this, get
      the
      > windows SSH clients from SSH Corp)

      I use the "pscp" program, which is part of the PuTTY collection. It's
      a much smaller download than the ssh.com package (a few hundred kilobytes,
      versus 6 megs :).

      > However the netrw.vim packages is clever
      > and replaces the c:\ with //c/. I.e.:

      I don't think this will work on a default cygwin install... you need to
      change the path from <drive>:\path1\path2\... to
      //cygdrive/<drive>/path1/path2/... overall, I'd just recommend using pscp :)

      --
      Andrew Francis | To email me, get | ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
      Perth, Australia | the real address | against HTML email X
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
        On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 03:14:51PM +0800, Andrew Francis wrote:
        > I don't think this will work on a default cygwin install... you need to
        > change the path from <drive>:\path1\path2\... to
        > //cygdrive/<drive>/path1/path2/... overall, I'd just recommend using pscp :)

        On topic:
        We just had this topic covered on a thread last week. I believe that the
        netrw module has now been updated? Whatever, //c/ works on my cygwin
        which is about a month old.

        Slightly off topic:
        I always found pscp hung when talking to OpenSSH servers running SSH2 *shrug*
        But I haven't tested it in 6 months, so maybe its fine :)