Re: vim specific help commands

  • Colin Keith
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2002
      On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:09:17AM -0700, Scott Cegielski wrote:
      > I know it's possible, but I can't remember(or find in vim help) a way to set
      > a specific help command based on what syntax your using. For example in
      > perl, call up a man page using perldoc on a specific fuinction. Can someone
      > help me remember this?

      Since you specifically want perldoc, you could try the following that I
      wrote:

      Colin.
    • Colin Keith
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2002
        On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:09:17AM -0700, Scott Cegielski wrote:
        > I know it's possible, but I can't remember(or find in vim help) a way to set
        > a specific help command based on what syntax your using. For example in
        > perl, call up a man page using perldoc on a specific fuinction. Can someone
        > help me remember this?

        Oh, and you may also be thinking of 'keywordprg'. So a simpler form of that
        script I mentioned could be:

        :set keywordprg=perldoc
        :set iskeyword=a-z,A-Z,48-57,:,/,.

        Then move your cursor over any of the module names or keywords and hit 'K'

        Kinda fun really :)
      • Scott Cegielski
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002

          Thanks for the cool script!  That works great.

            Colin Keith <vim@...> wrote:

          On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:09:17AM -0700, Scott Cegielski wrote:
          > I know it's possible, but I can't remember(or find in vim help) a way to set
          > a specific help command based on what syntax your using. For example in
          > perl, call up a man page using perldoc on a specific fuinction. Can someone
          > help me remember this?

          Since you specifically want perldoc, you could try the following that I
          wrote:

          Colin.

          Scott Cegielski
          scegielski@...