Problem of slow Vim

  • programer@iquebec.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2002
      Hello,

      I am currently experimenting a curious problem, and would like to
      verify some hypothesis with the vim hackers. Here it is:

      I dropped the "html.vim" file and buit my own. It is currently 5 ko
      heavy (with comments), and contains either "imap" or "vmap"
      commands.

      Since it is quite finished (I have programmed all the commands I
      needed), I have pointed out that the editor is sometimes very slow,
      and not when he is waiting after the end of a hanging mapping.

      So my question is: does it come from the load of mappings in my
      "html?vim"? And is there a way to turn this problem?

      (I am currently using vim 6.1 on windons 98 SE, AMD 300 Mhz, 160
      Mo Ram).

      I thank you for your help, and hope it was not off-topic.

      Have a good day.

      --
      G.-Joachim L. Dubuquoy-Portois
      http://gjldp.free.fr/real/