Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

[OT] (was --> Re: deal with emails in vim)

Expand Messages
  • M K Saravanan
    ... One good solution is to use fetchmail to download POP/IMAP mails and use mutt for the mail client. -- mks --
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3 2:49 AM
    • 0 Attachment
      On 03/05/02 08:16 +0100, Nancy McGough wrote:
      > Good luck finding a pop+vim email solution,

      One good solution is to use "fetchmail" to download POP/IMAP mails and use
      mutt for the mail client.

      -- mks --
    • Marc Chantreux
      ... http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-4.html#ss4.12 regards, Marc
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3 2:54 AM
      • 0 Attachment
        03/05/2002 04:07:07, Hari Krishna Dara <hari_vim@...> a �crit:

        >--- Peter Gelbman <pete@...> wrote:
        >> Without a doubt Mutt is the way to go: http://www.mutt.org
        >> Mutt is to emailers as Vim is to editors
        >
        >Does it support multiple pop accounts?

        http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-4.html#ss4.12

        regards,
        Marc
      • Nancy McGough
        ... If you re going to use fetchmail (or getmail, which some people think is more robust than fetchmail), then you can use any MUA that can read *local*
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3 4:32 AM
        • 0 Attachment
          On 3 May 2002 M K Saravanan (mksarav@...) wrote:

          > On 03/05/02 08:16 +0100, Nancy McGough wrote:
          > > Good luck finding a pop+vim email solution,
          >
          > One good solution is to use "fetchmail" to download POP/IMAP mails and use
          > mutt for the mail client.

          If you're going to use fetchmail (or getmail, which some people
          think is more robust than fetchmail), then you can use any MUA
          that can read *local* mailboxes. This includes mutt and pine and
          many others. I think someone has even hacked vim so you could use
          it directly to read and reply to local mailboxes! I have lots of
          info about pine at the URL in my sig.

          Good luck,
          Nancy

          --
          ii Main Pine Page: <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/>

          Nancy McGough <http://www.ii.com/> Infinite Ink
          --= Sent via Pine 4.44: IMAP, NNTP & ESMTP for Unix/Win/MacOS X =--
        • Benji Fisher
          ... I think that would be Ron Aaron. http://www.mossbayeng.com/~ron/vim/vine.html
          Message 4 of 12 , May 3 6:29 AM
          • 0 Attachment
            On Friday, May 3, 2002, at 07:32 AM, Nancy McGough wrote:

            > On 3 May 2002 M K Saravanan (mksarav@...) wrote:
            >
            >> On 03/05/02 08:16 +0100, Nancy McGough wrote:
            >>> Good luck finding a pop+vim email solution,
            >>
            >> One good solution is to use "fetchmail" to download POP/IMAP mails and
            >> use
            >> mutt for the mail client.
            >
            > If you're going to use fetchmail (or getmail, which some people
            > think is more robust than fetchmail), then you can use any MUA
            > that can read *local* mailboxes. This includes mutt and pine and
            > many others. I think someone has even hacked vim so you could use
            > it directly to read and reply to local mailboxes!

            I think that would be Ron Aaron.
            http://www.mossbayeng.com/~ron/vim/vine.html

            > I have lots of
            > info about pine at the URL in my sig.
            >
            > Good luck,
            > Nancy
            >
            > --
            > ii Main Pine Page: <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/>
            >
            > Nancy McGough <http://www.ii.com/> Infinite Ink
            > --= Sent via Pine 4.44: IMAP, NNTP & ESMTP for Unix/Win/MacOS X =--
          • Hari Krishna Dara
            ... Thanks to everyone for the replies. Hari __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and
            Message 5 of 12 , May 3 10:45 AM
            • 0 Attachment
              --- Marc Chantreux <chantreux.marc@...> wrote:
              > 03/05/2002 04:07:07, Hari Krishna Dara <hari_vim@...> a �crit:
              >
              > >--- Peter Gelbman <pete@...> wrote:
              > >> Without a doubt Mutt is the way to go: http://www.mutt.org
              > >> Mutt is to emailers as Vim is to editors
              > >
              > >Does it support multiple pop accounts?
              >
              > http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-4.html#ss4.12
              >
              > regards,
              > Marc
              >
              >

              Thanks to everyone for the replies.
              Hari

              __________________________________________________
              Do You Yahoo!?
              Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness
              http://health.yahoo.com
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.