Lotus Notes & vim

  • Johannes Zellner
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2002

      is there a way to use vim as external editor when creating
      mails in Lotus Notes?

      --
      Johannes
    • Alan G Isaac
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2002
        On Thu, 2 May 2002 10:53:42 +0200 someone wrote:
        > is there a way to use vim as external editor when creating
        > mails in Lotus Notes?

        I don't think so, but Notes is pretty bad anyway.
        (At least it was when I used it last. E.g., it would
        not let you save inline attachments to disk!)
        However usually your Notes server will serve your email
        as IMAP as well, so you can use e.g. Mahogany, which
        works great with Vim.

        Cheers,
        Alan
      • Charles Jie
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2002

          When I was in Philips Research, we were forced to accept Notes for mail
          service. No one in our department like the way of Notes for mail.

          Fortunately Notes server provides POP3 (as well as IMAP) access. Some
          guy wrote a server program running in win32, which fetches mail from
          Notes server. As a consequence we can keep on using Netscape messager
          for mail.

          My point is:

          Find solution like this, you'll get rid of Notes and enjoy your
          choice of mail client, as well as your favorite editor like Vim.

          best regards,
          charlie

          On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 10:53:42AM +0200, Johannes Zellner wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > is there a way to use vim as external editor when creating
          > mails in Lotus Notes?
          >
          > --
          > Johannes
        • Sven Brueggemann
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2002
            Hello,

            > is there a way to use vim as external editor when creating
            > mails in Lotus Notes?

            AFAIK no. Generally, Lotus Notes supports all editors that supply a DocObject interface thru OLE. Vim is not (yet?) DocObject compliant, but it might be possible to add DocObject functionality as VisVim does add Visual Studio integration. Any vounteers? :-)

            Kind regards

            Sven