Re: Open Buffer History

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      You can also restore the buffer list (not quite the same as opening
      all the buffers) with

      :set vi+=%

      :help 'viminfo'

      HTH --Benji Fisher

      On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 09:45 AM, Brett Pershing Stahlman wrote:

      > Try
      > :help mks
      >
      > Brett S.

    • HALIM,SALMAN (HP-NewJersey,ex2)
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2002
        > Try
        >
        > :help mks

        More specifically, you could try saving and restoring a session on
        VimEnter and VimLeave:

        au VimLeave * mksession! c:/asdfljkasdflkjahsdf.sess
        au VimEnter * so c:/asdfljkasdflkjahsdf.sess

        This works, but it isn't pretty and it doesn't account for when you
        start vim with a specific file.

        I'll leave it to you to figure out which 'sessionoptions' to tweak to
        store only window information.

        --
        SOLDIER: What? Ridden on a horse?
        ARTHUR: Yes!