How to print in vim with line number

  • He WanQing-a2536c
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2002
      Hi,vimmers
          I have two questions here:
          1) How can I print the code from vim (Win32 version) with the line number also printed? -- in unix, I use enscript to print the code.
          2) When use vim as an email editor under windows, is there any 'email-mode' just for email format?
      BTW, in http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~mrw/vim/colorschemes/index.html Mike Williams provide a colorscheme for printing on black and white printer with syntax 'bold, italic and underline'.
      Thanks in advance

      Global Software Group, Motorola China(GSG China)

    • Roman Neuhauser
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2002
        > From: He WanQing-a2536c <a2536c@...>
        > To: vim@...
        > Subject: How to print in vim with line number
        > Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:53:20 +0800
        >
        > Hi,vimmers
        > I have two questions here:

        please, don't send html or images to the list. this message had 3.6 kB
        of useless data in it.

        I 1 <no description> [multipa/alternative, 7bit, 2.9K]
        I 2 |-><no description> [text/plain, 7bit, iso-8859-1, 0.6K]
        I 3 `-><no description> [text/html, quoted, iso-8859-1, 2.0K]
        A 4 image002.jpg [image/jpeg, base64, 1.6K]

        --
        FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
        4:09PM up 8 days, 5:22, 9 users, load averages: 0.08, 0.08, 0.02
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2002
          On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 08:53:20PM +0800, He WanQing-a2536c wrote:
          > 1) How can I print the code from vim (Win32 version) with the line number also printed? -- in unix, I use enscript to print the code.

          I couldn't see a way to do this and out of boredom wrote:

          (actually I'm trying to work something out and needed a
          break so I thought I'd be useful whilst I'm thinking.)

          > 2) When use vim as an email editor under windows, is there any 'email-mode' just for email format?

          Depends what you mean by "email-mode". There is a filetype
          'mail' that can be set to add highlighting to e-mails, but..

          Colin.
        • Benji Fisher
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2002
            On Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at 08:53 AM, He WanQing-a2536c wrote:

            > Hi,vimmers
            >     I have two questions here:
            >     1) How can I print the code from vim (Win32 version) with the line
            > number also printed? -- in unix, I use enscript to print the code.
            >     2) When use vim as an email editor under windows, is there any
            > 'email-mode' just for email format?
            > BTW, in http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~mrw/vim/colorschemes/index.html%c2%a0Mike
            > Williams provide a colorscheme for printing on black and white printer
            > with syntax 'bold, italic and underline'.
            > Thanks in advance
            > Global Software Group, Motorola China(GSG China)

            Did you look under

            :help 'printoptions'

            yet? There seems to be an option for this, but I have not tested it.

            HTH --Benji Fisher
          • HALIM,SALMAN (HP-NewJersey,ex2)
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2002