Remap [C-o]

  • digitect@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'd like to remap [C-O] from insertmode to
      :browse confirm edit[CR].

      Unfortunately, I still need a way to drop out of insertmode to run
      other single commands, so simply switching to [C-L] isn't a good
      option. Using [C-S-O] (or similar) to replace the same functionality
      would be ideal. Is there any way to do all this?

      Steve Hall [ digitect@... ]
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
        digitect@... wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'd like to remap [C-O] from insertmode to
        > :browse confirm edit[CR].
        >
        > Unfortunately, I still need a way to drop out of insertmode to run
        > other single commands, so simply switching to [C-L] isn't a good
        > option. Using [C-S-O] (or similar) to replace the same functionality
        > would be ideal. Is there any way to do all this?
        >
        > Steve Hall [ digitect@... ]

        :imap <C-O> :browse confirm edit<CR>
        :inoremap <M-o> <C-O>

        :help :noremap

        I think that <C-O> and <C-o> are considered identical by vim.

        HTH --Benji Fisher