XIM doesn't respond to gvim from time to time

  • Charles Jie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 7:06 AM
      I have the locale set to zh_TW.Big5, and use xcin for my input method of
      traditional Chinese. (kde-2.2.1, mandrake 8.1)

      It's always OK to trigger xcin with key <ctrl-space> in vim 6.1 (or
      older) under (c)rxvt.

      But it's not stable for gvim. From time to time, I just get a space in
      insert mode when press <ctrl-space>. Sometimes it can recover and
      respond to this trigger key again. And perhaps no response again a few
      minutes later - after I switch back from other window.

      If anybody can give me a hint where to start digging this problem?

      best regards,
      charlie
    • Edward Lee
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 8:16 AM
        On Tue, Apr 02, 2002, Charles Jie wrote:
        > I have the locale set to zh_TW.Big5, and use xcin for my input method of
        > traditional Chinese. (kde-2.2.1, mandrake 8.1)

        Maybe you need update your libtabe/xcin.

        ftp://mdk.linux.org.tw/pub/mandrake/updates/8.1/RPMS

        MDK-8.0/8.1 mess up Berkeley db2/db3 linkage.

        I'm useing xcin-2.5.3-pre2 and gvim-6.1, it works well.

        --
        Edward G.J. Lee