Re: ftp.vim.org weirdness?

  • P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
      At 10:36 a.m. 02/04/2002 +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      >A few others complained about this as well. The strange thing is that
      >it's always the "pc" directory. All other directories work just fine.
      >I asked the maintainer of the ftp site, he suggested it could be a
      >problem with your proxy server. If you don't have a proxy server, or
      >another system using the same proxy works fine, it must be something
      >else. But what?

      That's why I suggested using ncftp. The only way you can have the level of
      control you need to inter-operate with an FTP proxy server when using a
      win32 OS on your desktop machine is using a good command line client[1].
      And ncftp is among the better ones.

      BTW. At least in the case of my ISP, I stopped having problems with
      ftp.vim.org when I disabled passive FTP.

      [1] I have tried all the win32 ftp clients I am aware of, as in: (a) Go to
      a tucows mirror. (b) check the FTP clients page. (c) Download, install, try
      out, delete one by one. (d) Reinstall windows because 90% percent of the
      installers were created by amateurs and trashed the system registry.

      Alejandro López-Valencia
      Lo que Natura non da, Salamanca non presta.
      Francisco de Quevedo y Villegas

      Do You Yahoo!?