Re: mapping of keys - problem

  • Neil Bird
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
      Around about 02/04/02 10:03, Infoman typed ...
      > do i have to activate the keys kMultiply, kPlus, etc....

      Probably. See what you get when you type (in insert mode in vim)
      <C-V> before one of your KP keys. Also see what you get with NumLock
      toggled. You almost certainly will have to map some funny escape
      sequence for thoise keys (as opposed to <KSomwething>).

      You might get away with a slew of 'map <KSomething> <esc>[blah'
      inside an 'if &term ==' check before your spandard mappings. I never
      got that to work properly, though.

      You may also need to define specific escape seqs. for all your KP
      keys in an Xdefaults file (I have). If you have problems, I'll mail you
      direct that part of my ~/usr/lib/app-defaults/XTerm. It should allow
      the full set of C/S/A KP-key mappings (each having a unique, 'proper'
      escape sequence).

      --
      [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
      [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature