mapping of keys - problem

  • Infoman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
      hi

      i just moved to the gvim-editor, since i can use it on linux and windows.

      i have a problem in mapping keys:

      when i map the keys kDivide or kMultiply it works on windows, however it
      does not work under linux
      (all other keys f1, f2, etc., home, end,... work well).

      i am using linux 7.3 suse, german keyboard, vim60av.

      do i have to activate the keys kMultiply, kPlus, etc....

      best regards and thanks for help

      andreas

      Info Manager
      Institut fuer Industriemathematik
      Johannes Kepler Universitaet
      A-4040 Linz, Austria

      E-Mail: infoman@...-linz.ac.at
      WWW: http://www.indmath.uni-linz.ac.at/
      Fax: +43-(0)732-2468-855
    • Neil Bird
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
        Around about 02/04/02 10:03, Infoman typed ...
        > do i have to activate the keys kMultiply, kPlus, etc....

        Probably. See what you get when you type (in insert mode in vim)
        <C-V> before one of your KP keys. Also see what you get with NumLock
        toggled. You almost certainly will have to map some funny escape
        sequence for thoise keys (as opposed to <KSomwething>).

        You might get away with a slew of 'map <KSomething> <esc>[blah'
        inside an 'if &term ==' check before your spandard mappings. I never
        got that to work properly, though.

        You may also need to define specific escape seqs. for all your KP
        keys in an Xdefaults file (I have). If you have problems, I'll mail you
        direct that part of my ~/usr/lib/app-defaults/XTerm. It should allow
        the full set of C/S/A KP-key mappings (each having a unique, 'proper'
        escape sequence).

        --
        [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
        [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature