Re: editting multiple files/tabstop in xml mode

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
      1. What about the following:

      vim -o3
      starts vim with 3 windows open

      :e file1.txt
      opens file1 in window 1 (ou don't need the gui for that)
      Of course, you must type the filename here so vim knows which file
      you're editing.
      2<Ctrl-W><Ctrl-W>
      :e file2.txt
      goes to window 2 and opens file2 there
      3<Ctrl-W><Ctrl-W>
      :e file3.txt
      opens file3 in window 3
      1<Ctrl-W><Ctrl-W>
      switches to window 1 (where file1 is being edited)
      etc.

      2. You don't need the gui to delete or wipe a buffer.
      see :h :bw

      3: I don't know

      4: maybe see :h 'indentexpr'