New sort library

  • Hari Krishna Dara
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      When I realized that everybody had to copy the sort logic from
      explorer.vim, I thought it would be better to have this shared in a common
      place. So I copied it into my genutils.vim script with some improvements.

      - This algorithm is much faster than the original which is very
      evident when you have a lot of lines to sort.
      - It is very easy to modify your existing scripts to use this new
      script function from genutils.vim:
      - Remove your s:Sort and s:SortR functions.
      - Change the calls to the functions as (Ideally only s:Sort),
      s:Sort -> QSort
      s:SortR -> QSortR
      - If somebody can fix QSort to work faster, everybody gets the
      benefit
      - Your scripts become a bit shorter.

      Download it from:

      For a sample usage take a look at the header in the file or my
      selectbuf.vim script:

      Thank you,
      Hari