New sort library
- When I realized that everybody had to copy the sort logic from
explorer.vim, I thought it would be better to have this shared in a common
place. So I copied it into my genutils.vim script with some improvements.
- This algorithm is much faster than the original which is very
evident when you have a lot of lines to sort.
- It is very easy to modify your existing scripts to use this new
script function from genutils.vim:
- Remove your s:Sort and s:SortR functions.
- Change the calls to the functions as (Ideally only s:Sort),
s:Sort -> QSort
s:SortR -> QSortR
- If somebody can fix QSort to work faster, everybody gets the
- Your scripts become a bit shorter.
Download it from:
For a sample usage take a look at the header in the file or my
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @... address at http://mail.yahoo.com