CTRL-V

  • Atul Karve
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2002
      For block selection, CTRL-V worked in the Windows version of VIM 5.7. It
      does not work in VIM 6.0 anymore. How can I block select in Version 6.0? As
      part of block copy and paste, I usually use CTRL-V to select a block of
      text, Y to yank it and P to paste it. Thanks!

    • Srinath Avadhanula
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2002
        In our last exciting episode, on Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Atul Karve said:
        > For block selection, CTRL-V worked in the Windows version of VIM 5.7. It
        > does not work in VIM 6.0 anymore. How can I block select in Version 6.0? As
        > part of block copy and paste, I usually use CTRL-V to select a block of
        > text, Y to yank it and P to paste it. Thanks!

        i think it might have happened that after your new install, mswin.vim
        gets sourced which maps CTRL-V to the windows like paste. in this case,
        use CTRL-Q.

        :he CTRL-V
        explains this pretty nicely.

        hth

        srinath

        --
        Srinath Avadhanula
        Mar 31 5:12pm
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
          Check your vimrc files. If the install has slipped in a line saying "behave
          winms" you're in for trouble (That would, among other things, define
          Ctrl-C=copy, Ctrl-X=cut *and Ctrl-V=paste* as they do in Losedow programs
          such as Notepad or Internet Explorer.)

          IMHO, if you find such a line you can safely comment it out.