Positioning the quickfix window

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2002

      I have question about positioning the quickfix window.

      I have three vertically split windows (A, B and C). From window B,
      I am running a command, which will open the quickfix window. By
      default, the quickfix window always opens below window C (as
      documented in quickfix.txt). I want the quickfix window to appear
      below window B, because I executed the command from window B.
      I also want the quickfix window width to be the same as that of
      window B. I tried using ":botright"/":belowright" commands and
      setting the "splitbelow" options. None of them helped, the quickfix
      window always opens under window C and has the same width as
      window C.

      I used ":botright" to open the quickfix window at the bottom and
      occupy the entire Vim window width. When I select a entry from
      the quickfix window, Vim opens the corresponding file in window
      C (this is also documented in quickfix.txt). I want Vim to open
      the file in window B, as this is the window from which I executed
      the command.

      Is there a command or a option setting to do the above?

      Thanks,
      Yegappan

      http://sports.yahoo.com