Problems with expand()

  • Yiu Wing
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 3:35 AM
      Hello All,

      I'm experiencing some problems with the built-in function expand() on a
      Win2K machine. For example, if I open a file, say HelloWorld.java, in a
      different directory within the same gvim and then do a expand("%:r"), the
      result I then get is something like this

      \Documents and Settings\myself\Desktop\Shell\src\HelloWorld

      Notice the drive name, which is C:, is missing. Is this the correct
      behaviour? I've also tried a plain ("%"), the drive name is also missing.
      However expand("%:p") does give me the expected result.

      Can someone please clarify this? Thanks for the help.

      Yiu Wing