Problem with miniBufExplorer

  • Alan Schmitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2002

      I have a slight problem with minbufexplorer: I cannot seem to get it to
      work (ie not window open, and if I open it using ,mbe it shows nothing).

      I set the debug level to 10 and here is what I got when I opened a file
      (it was the third file I was opening):

      BufNew AutoCmd

      Entering AutoUpdate()

      Entering HasEligibleBuffers()

      More Than One mode turned on

      HasEligibleBuffers found 0 eligible buffers of 2 needed

      Failed in eligible check

      Entering StopExplorer()

      Entering FindExplorer()

      followed by:

      BufReadPost AutoCmd

      Entering AutoUpdate()

      Entering HasEligibleBuffers()

      More Than One mode turned on

      HasEligibleBuffers found 0 eligible buffers of 2 needed

      Failed in eligible check

      Entering StopExplorer()

      Entering FindExplorer()

      Looking a bit at the code, it seems that the problem is I have 'set
      hidden' in my .vimrc (it works when I do a 'set nohidden'). So now I
      need to use 'set noautowrite' if I don't want the buffer written when I
      switch buffers, and I really don't like it.

      So my question is: is it possible to use at the same time 'set hidden'
      and miniBufExplorer ?

      By the way, I think I have found another bug: when I 'alt-tab' until the
      buffer before last, one additional alt-tab replaces the content of the
      current buffer window with the contents of the minibufexplorer window,
      and the cursor is at the beginning of the line. Might this have to do
      with the fact that my buffers are numbered 2, 3, and 5 (there is no 4) ?

      Thanks,

      Alan

      --
      The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.