Re: 'clever' vimgor

  • Kontra, Gergely
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
      >>Do you know the "script" program? It intercepts everything that's typed
      >>and stores it in a file. You could write a similar program that does
      >>something else with the intercepted key strokes.

      Is anybody online who knows the answer. I have to go -> at home no
      internet :(

      Gergo

      +-[Kontra, Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
      | Email: kgergely@..., kgergely@... |
        Kontra Gergely wrote:

        > >> I just want to ask, that is it possible (without patching vim) to figure
        > >> out the last pressed keys in vim?
        > >>
        > >> I want to display helpful hints for beginners somewhere, but I really
        > >> need what the user typed before.
        > >Do you know the "script" program? It intercepts everything that's typed
        > >and stores it in a file. You could write a similar program that does
        > >something else with the intercepted key strokes.
        >
        > Ok, where is it, how can I find it?
        > I guess is it outside of vim. Am I wrong?
        > If in vim, tell me the tag, please!

        The script program is a program :-). There should be several sources
        available, at least one for the version I'm using on FreeBSD.

        --
        From "know your smileys":
        :-& Eating spaghetti