Re: file modified detection for system() call doesn't work

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
      Hari Krishna Dara wrote:

      > "checktime" is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for letting me
      > know this. I should say that, ever since Vim got bloated with features, it
      > has become difficult to look for help on something though you know what
      > you are looking for. This is not to say that the help files are bad are
      > lacking, but there are too many places and too many possible key words to
      > look for. And BTW, I would expect a reference to this from the 'autoread'
      > help page.

      Indirectly there is: Follow the |timestamp| link.

      > I am on W2K and consistently get the dialog as soon as the system()
      > function returns. It probably is because, gvim window looses focus for a
      > short period during the execution of the external command. I think there
      > is some inconsistency here.

      Problem is that MS-Windows takes away focus when we don't really want
      this. That's outside of control of Vim. Adding a global flag to ignore
      focus events while inside system() is a bit dirty...

      66. You create a homepage with the impression to cure the afflicted...but
      your hidden agenda is to receive more e-mail.