Re: negation in pattern

  • Thomas S. Urban
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
      On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 06:32:19PM -0500, Andrew Nikitin wrote:
      > How I can find string that does not match the pattern?
      > Specifically, how do I find string that does not start with '00'?

      In general, assuming vim6, :help /zero-width

      00foo 0foo foo foo00 asdf ssfoo

      Or depending on what you're doing you maybe able to do something
      character classes:

      /...[^0]\{2\}...

      --
      A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
      -- Lao Tsu
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
        On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 03:39:28PM -0800, Thomas S. Urban wrote:
        <snip>

        > 00foo 0foo foo foo00 asdf ssfoo
        please disregard this line ;)

        <snip>

        --
        travel, n.:
        Something that makes you feel like you're getting somewhere.