negation in pattern

  • Andrew Nikitin
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 3:32 PM

      How I can find string that does not match the pattern?
      Specifically, how do I find string that does not start with '00'?

      Andrew

    • Thomas S. Urban
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 3:39 PM
        On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 06:32:19PM -0500, Andrew Nikitin wrote:
        > How I can find string that does not match the pattern?
        > Specifically, how do I find string that does not start with '00'?

        In general, assuming vim6, :help /zero-width

        00foo 0foo foo foo00 asdf ssfoo

        Or depending on what you're doing you maybe able to do something
        character classes:

        /...[^0]\{2\}...

        --
        A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
        -- Lao Tsu
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1 3:46 PM
          On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 03:39:28PM -0800, Thomas S. Urban wrote:
          <snip>

          > 00foo 0foo foo foo00 asdf ssfoo
          please disregard this line ;)

          <snip>

          --
          travel, n.:
          Something that makes you feel like you're getting somewhere.