Re: errorformat LaTeX

  • Stefan Roemer
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
      On Fri, Feb 01, 2002, Alexander Wagner wrote:
      > Maybe it's simple, but I don't see it... I've a nice efm for parsing
      > LaTeX's output. However it includes all warnings and errors. In some
      > cases (working on a draft) I don't care about all those overfull boxes
      > and stuff so I'd like to have an efm which doesn't inlcude the warnings.

      It's already documented - see ':help latex' and watch out for the '-' prefix.

      > Additionally I'd like to have a mechansm like :set nowarnings which
      > switches between these two efm-settings. How would I do this?

      How about a mapping like

      nn <Leader>tl :silent call Toggle_LaTeX()<cr>

      fu Toggle_LaTeX()
      if exists("b:ToggleLaTeX")
      unlet b:ToggleLaTeX
      set efm=[...]
      echo"LaTeX warnings on"
      else
      let b:ToggleLaTeX=1
      set efm=[...]
      echo"LaTeX warnings off"
      endif
      endf

      Hope that helps.

      Best regards

      Stefan
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
        On Friday, February 1, 2002, at 01:19 PM, Stefan Roemer wrote:

        > On Fri, Feb 01, 2002, Alexander Wagner wrote:
        >> Maybe it's simple, but I don't see it... I've a nice efm for parsing
        >> LaTeX's output. However it includes all warnings and errors. In some
        >> cases (working on a draft) I don't care about all those overfull boxes
        >> and stuff so I'd like to have an efm which doesn't inlcude the
        >> warnings.
        >
        > It's already documented - see ':help latex' and watch out for the '-'
        > prefix.
        >
        >> Additionally I'd like to have a mechansm like :set nowarnings which
        >> switches between these two efm-settings. How would I do this?
        >
        > How about a mapping like
        >
        > nn <Leader>tl :silent call Toggle_LaTeX()<cr>
        >
        > fu Toggle_LaTeX()
        > if exists("b:ToggleLaTeX")
        > unlet b:ToggleLaTeX
        > set efm=[...]
        > echo"LaTeX warnings on"
        > else
        > let b:ToggleLaTeX=1
        > set efm=[...]
        > echo"LaTeX warnings off"
        > endif
        > endf
        >
        > Hope that helps.
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > Stefan

        I have not tried this, but I think another method is to write two
        compiler plugins and then switch between them:

        :compiler latexNoWarning
        :compiler latexWithWarning

        :help :compiler

        HTH --Benji Fisher