errorformat LaTeX

  • Alexander Wagner
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hi!

      Maybe it's simple, but I don't see it... I've a nice efm for parsing
      LaTeX's output. However it includes all warnings and errors. In some
      cases (working on a draft) I don't care about all those overfull boxes
      and stuff so I'd like to have an efm which doesn't inlcude the warnings.
      Additionally I'd like to have a mechansm like :set nowarnings which
      switches between these two efm-settings. How would I do this?

      Thanks in advance...

      --

      CU \\ In the beginning was The Word. //
      Alexander Wagner // And The Word was Content-type: text/plain \\
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
        On Fri, Feb 01, 2002, Alexander Wagner wrote:
        > Maybe it's simple, but I don't see it... I've a nice efm for parsing
        > LaTeX's output. However it includes all warnings and errors. In some
        > cases (working on a draft) I don't care about all those overfull boxes
        > and stuff so I'd like to have an efm which doesn't inlcude the warnings.

        It's already documented - see ':help latex' and watch out for the '-' prefix.

        > Additionally I'd like to have a mechansm like :set nowarnings which
        > switches between these two efm-settings. How would I do this?

        How about a mapping like

        nn <Leader>tl :silent call Toggle_LaTeX()<cr>

        fu Toggle_LaTeX()
        if exists("b:ToggleLaTeX")
        unlet b:ToggleLaTeX
        set efm=[...]
        echo"LaTeX warnings on"
        else
        let b:ToggleLaTeX=1
        set efm=[...]
        echo"LaTeX warnings off"
        endif
        endf

        Hope that helps.

        Best regards

        Stefan
      • Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
          On Friday, February 1, 2002, at 01:19 PM, Stefan Roemer wrote:

          > On Fri, Feb 01, 2002, Alexander Wagner wrote:
          >> Maybe it's simple, but I don't see it... I've a nice efm for parsing
          >> LaTeX's output. However it includes all warnings and errors. In some
          >> cases (working on a draft) I don't care about all those overfull boxes
          >> and stuff so I'd like to have an efm which doesn't inlcude the
          >> warnings.
          >
          > It's already documented - see ':help latex' and watch out for the '-'
          > prefix.
          >
          >> Additionally I'd like to have a mechansm like :set nowarnings which
          >> switches between these two efm-settings. How would I do this?
          >
          > How about a mapping like
          >
          > nn <Leader>tl :silent call Toggle_LaTeX()<cr>
          >
          > fu Toggle_LaTeX()
          > if exists("b:ToggleLaTeX")
          > unlet b:ToggleLaTeX
          > set efm=[...]
          > echo"LaTeX warnings on"
          > else
          > let b:ToggleLaTeX=1
          > set efm=[...]
          > echo"LaTeX warnings off"
          > endif
          > endf
          >
          > Hope that helps.
          >
          > Best regards
          >
          > Stefan

          I have not tried this, but I think another method is to write two
          compiler plugins and then switch between them:

          :compiler latexNoWarning
          :compiler latexWithWarning

          :help :compiler

          HTH --Benji Fisher