Re: lazy programmer's question: auto-modeline

  • KONTRA Gergely
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
      > I have a function that reads custom modelines and extracts information
      >from them. See the GetModelines() function in foo.vim,
      >http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=72

      I mean the other way. A script, which writes modelines. (of course, you
      must specify which options to write)

      Gergo

      +-[Kontra, Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
      | Email: CHANGED! kgergely@... kgergely@... (old) |
        Hello,

        I just downloaded the GTK+ widget interface from
        vim.sourceforge and I'm not quite sure if I understand what it is
        supposed to be exactly. Does it allow me to embed gvim in a
        different editor like Visual SlickEdit? If so I don't know how to
        go about doing this. Can anyone help?

        Cheers,
        Bernard
      • Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
          KONTRA Gergely wrote:

          > > I have a function that reads custom modelines and extracts information
          > >from them. See the GetModelines() function in foo.vim,
          > >http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=72
          >
          > I mean the other way. A script, which writes modelines. (of course, you
          > must specify which options to write)
          >
          > Gergo

          No, I do not have a script to do that. It should be pretty east to
          write, though.

          :help append()
          :help :put

          HTH --Benji Fisher