Re: lazy programmer's question: auto-modeline

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1 5:04 AM
      KONTRA Gergely wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > Is there a command/script/anything, which helps you automagically create
      > modelines for your files?
      >
      > Thx
      > Gergo

      I have a function that reads custom modelines and extracts information
      from them. See the GetModelines() function in foo.vim,

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • KONTRA Gergely
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1 6:06 AM
        > I have a function that reads custom modelines and extracts information
        >from them. See the GetModelines() function in foo.vim,
        >http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=72

        I mean the other way. A script, which writes modelines. (of course, you
        must specify which options to write)

        Gergo

        +-[Kontra, Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
        | Email: CHANGED! kgergely@... kgergely@... (old) |
          Hello,

          I just downloaded the GTK+ widget interface from
          vim.sourceforge and I'm not quite sure if I understand what it is
          supposed to be exactly. Does it allow me to embed gvim in a
          different editor like Visual SlickEdit? If so I don't know how to
          go about doing this. Can anyone help?

          Cheers,
          Bernard
        • Benji Fisher
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1 7:33 PM
            KONTRA Gergely wrote:

            > > I have a function that reads custom modelines and extracts information
            > >from them. See the GetModelines() function in foo.vim,
            > >http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=72
            >
            > I mean the other way. A script, which writes modelines. (of course, you
            > must specify which options to write)
            >
            > Gergo

            No, I do not have a script to do that. It should be pretty east to
            write, though.

            :help append()
            :help :put

            HTH --Benji Fisher