lazy programmer's question: auto-modeline

  • KONTRA Gergely
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hi!

      Is there a command/script/anything, which helps you automagically create
      modelines for your files?

      Thx
      Gergo

      +-[Kontra, Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
      | Email: CHANGED! kgergely@... kgergely@... (old) |
        KONTRA Gergely wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > Is there a command/script/anything, which helps you automagically create
        > modelines for your files?
        >
        > Thx
        > Gergo

        I have a function that reads custom modelines and extracts information
        from them. See the GetModelines() function in foo.vim,

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • KONTRA Gergely
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
          > I have a function that reads custom modelines and extracts information
          >from them. See the GetModelines() function in foo.vim,
          >http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=72

          I mean the other way. A script, which writes modelines. (of course, you
          must specify which options to write)

          Gergo

          +-[Kontra, Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
          | Email: CHANGED! kgergely@... kgergely@... (old) |
            Hello,

            I just downloaded the GTK+ widget interface from
            vim.sourceforge and I'm not quite sure if I understand what it is
            supposed to be exactly. Does it allow me to embed gvim in a
            different editor like Visual SlickEdit? If so I don't know how to
            go about doing this. Can anyone help?

            Cheers,
            Bernard
          • Benji Fisher
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
              KONTRA Gergely wrote:

              > > I have a function that reads custom modelines and extracts information
              > >from them. See the GetModelines() function in foo.vim,
              > >http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=72
              >
              > I mean the other way. A script, which writes modelines. (of course, you
              > must specify which options to write)
              >
              > Gergo

              No, I do not have a script to do that. It should be pretty east to
              write, though.

              :help append()
              :help :put

              HTH --Benji Fisher