windows console popup

  • KONTRA Gergely
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2002
      Hi!

      I use vim under both linux and windows.
      I found a utility tagsmenu (on vim.sf.net). I find it useful, but the
      problem under win98 (besides many other): (not just with ctags)

      when vim invokes an external program, a new console will appear. This is
      very annoying. (And I cannot find a way to redirect the output...)

      Can this be solved?
      I think ctags can be programmed inside vim, it cannot be a hard work,
      vim has regexp feature.

      Gergo

      +-[Kontra Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
      | Email: CHANGED! kgergely@... kgergely@... (old) |
      +-------"Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy poroltoval kellene jarnom!"------+
      .
      Magyar php mirror es magyar php dokumentacio: http://hu.php.net
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2002
        KONTRA Gergely wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > I use vim under both linux and windows.
        > I found a utility tagsmenu (on vim.sf.net). I find it useful, but the
        > problem under win98 (besides many other): (not just with ctags)
        >
        > when vim invokes an external program, a new console will appear. This is
        > very annoying. (And I cannot find a way to redirect the output...)
        >
        > Can this be solved?
        > I think ctags can be programmed inside vim, it cannot be a hard work,
        > vim has regexp feature.
        >
        > Gergo

        It may work to modify the script by using

        :!start ctags

        instead of

        :!ctags

        If this works, it should be done inside :if has("win32") or something.

        :help :!start

        HTH --Benji Fisher