ftplugin for different users under windows

  • Marc CHANTREUX
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'm almost sure that this question is already posted but i don't find it
      in the archive :

      under unix, all the users can custom his vim with ~/.vimrc and ~/.vim .
      Is there a similar stuff for W2K ?

      Regards,
      Marc

      "Advancing technology is not as important as fighting for
      freedom, but it's still a good thing to do."
      Richard M. Stallman
      khatar@...
      http://khatar.phear.org
      http://www.phear.org (please do not browse with IE)
    • dman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
        On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 11:18:09PM +0100, Marc CHANTREUX wrote:
        | Hi all,
        |
        | I'm almost sure that this question is already posted but i don't find it
        | in the archive :
        |
        | under unix, all the users can custom his vim with ~/.vimrc and ~/.vim .
        | Is there a similar stuff for W2K ?

        Tell the users to set %HOME% in the control panel. Then each user
        will have a separate "home" directory. I'm not sure if vim will use
        that immediately or if some coercing is needed (it is a win32 app,
        after all).

        -D

        --

        Q: What is the difference betwee open-source and commercial software?
        A: If you have a problem with commercial software you can call a phone
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
          On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 05:28:04PM -0500, dman wrote:
          > Tell the users to set %HOME% in the control panel. Then each user
          > will have a separate "home" directory. I'm not sure if vim will use
          > that immediately or if some coercing is needed (it is a win32 app,
          > after all).

          ok, it works fine for _vimrc but doesn't work for _vim directory
          (ftplugin and other stuff :( )

          Marc
          "Advancing technology is not as important as fighting for
          freedom, but it's still a good thing to do."
          Richard M. Stallman
          khatar@...
          http://khatar.phear.org
          http://www.phear.org (please do not browse with IE)
        • Dan Sharp
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
            Use %HOME$\vimfiles instead of %HOME%\_vim for the directory name. See :he
            'runtimepath' for the default values vim uses.

            Dan Sharp

            >From: Marc CHANTREUX <khatar@...>
            >
            >On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 05:28:04PM -0500, dman wrote:
            > > Tell the users to set %HOME% in the control panel. Then each user
            > > will have a separate "home" directory. I'm not sure if vim will use
            > > that immediately or if some coercing is needed (it is a win32 app,
            > > after all).
            >
            >ok, it works fine for _vimrc but doesn't work for _vim directory
            >(ftplugin and other stuff :( )

          • Marc CHANTREUX
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
              On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 05:47:41PM -0500, Dan Sharp wrote:
              > Use %HOME$\vimfiles instead of %HOME%\_vim for the directory name. See :he
              > 'runtimepath' for the default values vim uses.

              works great now ! Thanks everybody for your help !

              Vim Everywhere !