RE: Fixing the year in a copyright line

  • Gary Holloway
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 3, 2002
      / FROM: "HALIM,SALMAN (HP-NewJersey,ex2)" <salman@...>, Jan 3 14:02 2002
      | ABOUT: RE: Fixing the year in a copyright line
      |
      | once you have the line in question (copyright_line), you could just try
      | something like:
      |
      | if (g:copyright_centered == 1)
      | execute copyright_line . "center"
      | endif
      |
      | this will center it in the current textwidth -- you could force a specific
      | textwidth by doing this:

      [snip]

      Actually, "centered" is a little bit of a misnomer...
      It'll change something like:

      * Copyright (c) Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, Inc. 1998-2002

      to:

      * Copyright (c) Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, Inc. 1998-2002

      (Note the leading '*')
      So, the 'center' command (alone) wouldn't quite do the job.

      In context, we've got file-header comments like:

      /******************************************************************************
      *
      [snip]
      *
      * Copyright (c) Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, Inc. 1998-2002
      *
      [snip]
      *
      * This makes a foobar
      *

      And the function is trying to maintain the "centeredness" of the line after it
      [potentially] appends a year to it.

      -gary