browsing ability

  • vipin aravind
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
      hi,
      can somebody tell me how to have a vertical split window which
      would list all the *.cpp files in the driectory and I can move
      to the file-name,hit <enter> and have it open in the other
      vertical window?
      thank you
      vipin
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
        vipin aravind wrote:

        > hi,
        > can somebody tell me how to have a vertical split window which
        > would list all the *.cpp files in the driectory and I can move
        > to the file-name,hit <enter> and have it open in the other
        > vertical window?
        > thank you
        > vipin

        Have you looked at the scripts on VimOnline?

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • Aric Blumer
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
          On Thu Jan 3 09:16:07 2002 Benji Fisher wrote:
          > vipin aravind wrote:
          > >
          > > hi,
          > > can somebody tell me how to have a vertical split window which
          > > would list all the *.cpp files in the driectory and I can move
          > > to the file-name,hit <enter> and have it open in the other
          > > vertical window?
          > > thank you
          > > vipin
          >
          > Have you looked at the scripts on VimOnline?
          >
          > http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=95
          > http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=42

          This script might do what you need, too: